I’m answering my own question here. Maybe someone else will stumble upon this. There were a couple of issues that I was not aware of:
- The Xiaomi USB port will not continue to communicate with the sensor if it is set to USB Debugging Mode;
- Again, even if the Xiaomi USB Debugging mode was turned off, it will not work. To make it work I had to restart the device.
The conclusion being that if you are working with Xiaomi Mi Box S make sure the hardware connection is working before you start changing anything on your code.
To make all of this work:
- Make sure you understand how Java <-> C# communication works;
- You will need to be a little bit familiar with Android Studio library builds;
- Follow the instructions on the repo I posted.
You should be good to go at this point. Let me know if you need any further help.
CLICK HERE to find out more related problems solutions.